O&M promotes Pandey to vice-chair of Asia Pacific
LONDON - Ogilvy & Mather has promoted Piyush Pandey, executive chairman of Ogilvy & Mather India, to vice-chairman of its Asia Pacific region.
Pandey will continue as executive chairman and national creative of Ogilvy & Mather India, a position he has held since 1994.
Pandey was the first Asian to be president of the Cannes jury at the 2004 festival and in 2006 he was inducted into Ogilvy's worldwide board.
Pandey will continue to be based in India, one of the fastest-growing markets in the Asia Pacific region.
Miles Young, chairman of O&M Asia Pacific, said: "I can't think of anyone who better embodies the values established by David Ogilvy or who better symbolizes the excitement of India. The combination is lethal.
"Piyush contributes not just to the development of our brand but to the industry as a whole in a remarkable way. India is becoming quite fundamental to many of our clients' strategies in this part of the world, and when Piyush speaks for India he also speaks for Asia."
The appointment comes three months after O&M entered the Pakistan market, buying a majority stake in local agency Interflow in a bid to exploit the country's expanding market.
The acquisition makes the WPP-owned agency one of the few major players in the advertising industry to take an equity stake in the country.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire