Lastminute rolls out new divisions in European restructure
LONDON - Lastminute.com is to roll out a business-to-business and business-to-consumer division across 13 European markets, and has unveiled a raft of senior promotions, including the appointment of Ed Kamm as chief operating officer.
The two divisions, which have been created to extend Lastminute.com's online travel and leisure business, follow a raft of major promotions within the company as it undergoes a European restructuring programme.
The changes have resulted in Lastminute.com promoting Kamm from chief financial officer to the newly created position of chief operating officer, with all European operations and customer service teams reporting to him. Kamm will report to Ian McCaig, chief executive officer.
Alfonso Castellano has been promoted from managing director of Italy and Spain and group managing director to senior vice-president of Lastminute.com's newly created B2C division, where he will be responsible for the development and trading performance of consumer brands and teams across 13 European markets.
Vic Darvey, formerly commercial director, has been made vice-president of distribution and business development, where he will oversee development of private labels and distribution deals across Lastminute.com's European assets.
Additionally, Brian Murphy has been promoted from group managing director of holiday and autos to vice-president of holidaysandmore, the company's umbrella site for the tourist and automotive sectors. Murphy will also report directly to McCaig.
McCaig said the restructure would help Lastminute.com's consumer and business sectors grow.
"Our other consumer brands will undoubtedly benefit from our new approach. We also have a very strong B2B portfolio, which will be much better supported by the new organisation."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London