Strathmore goes double dutch for debut TV campaign
LONDON - Strathmore Spring Water is launching its first ever TV campaign following the company's £15m acquisition by Barr Soft Drinks last year.
The TV spot, which attempts to give the brand an edgy and youthful image, is part of a £1m marketing campaign for the brand in Scotland.
The ad features a 'double dutch' sequence performed by eight dancers, who perform an intricate routine using a skipping rope digitally remade to resemble water.
The soundtrack features 'Spree' by Martyn Bennett and the ad closes with the strapline, 'From the Vale of Strathmore'.
Adrian Troy, head of marketing at Barr Soft Drinks, said: "The advert reflects the refreshing, pure nature of the product but in a unique and exciting way.
"Through computer generated imagery and our athletic cast, the commercial reflects the brand's core values as it invigorates and energises while being fresh and unpretentious and very definitely Scottish."
Gerry Farrell, creative director at The Leith Agency, said: "Through lighting, cinematography and music, I feel we've created a campaign that's really stylish and stunning. I'm confident it'll make a strong impact."
Strathmore, which is already the top selling bottled water brand in the on-trade market in Scotland, is expanding its presence into the 'impulse' market through the new campaign in a bid to target 18- to 34-year-old consumers.
Barr recently launched the television campaign ‘Goth Holiday' promoting its Irn Bru drink. The spot includes a group of teenagers moping about in the suburbs before being inspired to take a trip to Blackpool on a summer's day.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager collectivo Up to £26,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Head of Data Analytics - Top Publisher Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trainee Specialist Marketing Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)