SideStep appoints Simmonds for business development
LONDON - Travel search firm SideStep has appointed Lastminute's Tim Simmonds as director of business development.
Simmonds will be responsible for all distribution partnerships as well as maintaining and developing SideStep's relationships with European-based package-holiday suppliers and hotels.
Simmonds spent more than six years at Lastminute.com where his roles included holidays and cruise manager, international business development manager and latterly, head of white labels.
Before that, Simmonds held roles at Marriot International where he was Emea sales manager and at Group Promotions, where he was also sales manager.
Rob Solomon, president and CEO, SideStep, said: "Tim's extensive online travel expertise at fellow internet pioneer Lastminute.com is exactly what we were looking for to bolster our European team and build our presence and partnerships within Europe. Tim’s knowledge of the white-label market in particular will be indispensable to our growth plans."
Simmonds said: "I am excited about bringing my skills and experience to such an innovative and promising company and look forward to the challenges which lie ahead at SideStep."
He will work alongside existing SideStep European business development director, Rhys Jarvis, who was appointed in April with responsibility for airline and advertising relationships.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London