SideStep appoints Simmonds for business development
LONDON - Travel search firm SideStep has appointed Lastminute's Tim Simmonds as director of business development.
Simmonds will be responsible for all distribution partnerships as well as maintaining and developing SideStep's relationships with European-based package-holiday suppliers and hotels.
Simmonds spent more than six years at Lastminute.com where his roles included holidays and cruise manager, international business development manager and latterly, head of white labels.
Before that, Simmonds held roles at Marriot International where he was Emea sales manager and at Group Promotions, where he was also sales manager.
Rob Solomon, president and CEO, SideStep, said: "Tim's extensive online travel expertise at fellow internet pioneer Lastminute.com is exactly what we were looking for to bolster our European team and build our presence and partnerships within Europe. Tim’s knowledge of the white-label market in particular will be indispensable to our growth plans."
Simmonds said: "I am excited about bringing my skills and experience to such an innovative and promising company and look forward to the challenges which lie ahead at SideStep."
He will work alongside existing SideStep European business development director, Rhys Jarvis, who was appointed in April with responsibility for airline and advertising relationships.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London