IDM reveals winners of debut sixth form competition
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing has revealed the winners of its first competition for sixth form pupils, which asked schools across the UK to devise a marketing plan for insurers Direct Line.
The IDM awarded students from Ilkley Grammar School first prize for its mailing campaign for Direct Line's No Claims Discount, which aimed to persuade households with newly qualified drivers to drive on their parent's policies and earn a no-claims discount.
All competition entrants were briefed by Direct Line to devise a marketing plan that would encourage existing Direct Line customers to upgrade their accounts, and for potential customers to switch insurers. More than 4,500 sixth form schools across the UK were supplied with marketing materials for the competition.
The Ilkley Grammar School students held off competition from second-placed Wimbledon College and third-placed Kings School in Peterborough. There were also additional awards for Preston Manor High School in North London, and Tavistock College in Devon.
The awards supplement the IDM's existing National Student Competition, which has run for 10 years, and was created to generate interest in marketing as a career choice and to create up to date teaching materials for more than 4,500 UK schools which run business studies classes.
Mike Tildesley, marketing director at Direct Line, said the company was "blown away" by the Ilkley Grammar School entry. He said: "We joined forces with the IDM on this initiative because we're passionate about bringing on the next generation of direct marketers."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex