Gyro expands Swedish presence with acquisition
STOCKHOLM - Gyro International, the integrated marketing agency, has acquired Dowell Stubbs, a brand communications company in Sweden.
Dowell Stubbs' strong presence in the healthcare and biotechnology market was a key attraction for Gyro, with the consultancy also covering telecommunications and technology; industry and manufacturing; place marketing and services.
It was originally called Mighty Mouse Communications when it was formed in London in 1989 by Julian Stubbs and Eric Dowell, and it now boasts an annual turnover of circa £4m, with 40 staff onboard.
Claes af Buren, Dowell Stubbs' managing director, will become the managing director of Gyro's entire Swedish base. Julian Stubbs will become Gyro's head of brand strategy across the group worldwide, while Eric Dowell will be creative director, based in New Jersey.
Richard Glasson, chief operating officer at Gyro International, said: "The acquisition allows us to create one of the largest independent agencies in Scandinavia. Culturally the agency fits very naturally with the rest of Gyro's operations, and its international client base will benefit from the combination of the two companies".
Stubbs said: "Gyro International is a perfect fit with Dowell Stubbs when it comes to culture, chemistry and business focus. We're really excited about joining the Gyro Group and putting our service offerings and resources together."
The newly augmented Stockholm office is part of an international Gyro network, with offices in London, Manchester, Geneva, San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Dublin, Hamburg and Paris.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London