Gyro expands Swedish presence with acquisition
STOCKHOLM - Gyro International, the integrated marketing agency, has acquired Dowell Stubbs, a brand communications company in Sweden.
Dowell Stubbs' strong presence in the healthcare and biotechnology market was a key attraction for Gyro, with the consultancy also covering telecommunications and technology; industry and manufacturing; place marketing and services.
It was originally called Mighty Mouse Communications when it was formed in London in 1989 by Julian Stubbs and Eric Dowell, and it now boasts an annual turnover of circa £4m, with 40 staff onboard.
Claes af Buren, Dowell Stubbs' managing director, will become the managing director of Gyro's entire Swedish base. Julian Stubbs will become Gyro's head of brand strategy across the group worldwide, while Eric Dowell will be creative director, based in New Jersey.
Richard Glasson, chief operating officer at Gyro International, said: "The acquisition allows us to create one of the largest independent agencies in Scandinavia. Culturally the agency fits very naturally with the rest of Gyro's operations, and its international client base will benefit from the combination of the two companies".
Stubbs said: "Gyro International is a perfect fit with Dowell Stubbs when it comes to culture, chemistry and business focus. We're really excited about joining the Gyro Group and putting our service offerings and resources together."
The newly augmented Stockholm office is part of an international Gyro network, with offices in London, Manchester, Geneva, San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Dublin, Hamburg and Paris.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London