Whizz-Kidz creates virtual marathon for keen runners
LONDON - Whizz-Kidz, the charity for disabled children, has created an online running game to find potential participants for next year's marathon.
The charity holds 550 gold bond places for the marathon, and hopes to attract runners for next year with the quirky online game.
It gives individuals who sign up the chance to upload their face, choose their outfit and take part in online races against their friends.
The web marathon is 26 miles long and features key London attractions, such as Nelson's Column and the London Eye.
Entrants can then sign up to compete in the actual marathon, and forward the running game on to their friends.
Annabel Reynaud, marketing manager at Whizz-Kidz, said: "In order to compete with the growing number of charities offering marathon places our marketing needed to be more innovative and stand out.
"We wanted our creative to have new media appeal and we hope that by providing a fun game to play people will be inspired to run for Whizz-Kidz."
The game was developed by the digital agencies Kennedy Monk, who created the animation, and Substance, who worked on the game programming.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall