Gap backs autumn campaign with celebrity portraits
SAN FRANCISCO - Gap is promoting its autumn collection with an ad campaign called 'Classics redefined', featuring portraits by Annie Leibovitz of celebrities including Forest Whitaker, Lucy Liu and Selma Blair.
Leibovitz, who recently took the Queen's official picture for her state visit to Virginia, has taken a series of 12 black and white portraits for the "Classics redefined" campaign.
Each portrait is numbered to highlight 12 items of clothing that Gap has redefined as wardrobe essentials, such as the little black sweater dress and wide leg trousers.
The print campaign was developed by Laird and Partners, Gap's creative agency, and will run in the September issues of American magazines, including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Lucky, Interview, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, GQ and Dwell.
The campaign will also feature in Gap stores, online and in outdoor elements, including billboards and bus shelters.
In addition to Whitaker, Liu and Blair the campaign also includes portraits of musician John Mayer; actor Liev Schreiber; comedienne Sarah Silverman; actor Regina King; and actor and producer Ken Watanebe.
Don Fisher, founder of Gap, said: "Fashion portraiture is a subject near and dear to Gap. Our advertising has always put the individual ahead of the clothes. Whether it's a celebrity, a writer, a performing artist or a model, the person is always the art, the clothes the frame that sets them off."
Picture: Sarah Silverman wears The Wide Leg Trouser in Gap's Autumn ad campaign, "Classics redefined" (PRNewsFoto/Gap)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading