Memac Ogilvy wins Middle East PR task for General Motors
DUBAI - General Motors Middle East has handed its regional PR account to Memac Ogilvy Public Relations following a two-phase competitive pitch.
The account includes all five of GM's brands -- Cadillac, Hummer, Chevrolet, GMC and Saab -- as well as the after sales and corporate business. In addition to developing and implementing integrated PR campaigns for the respective brands, Memac Ogilvy PR will be responsible for executing GM's corporate public relations and Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
Memac Ogilvy PR, which is based in Dubai and is part of the Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide network, won the account after initially pitching against 11 other agencies. Those 11 were whittled down to four and Memac was chosen to replace incumbent Hill & Knowlton, which failed to make it to the second phase of the pitch process.
The appointment comes as General Motors experiences record growth in all areas of the business in the Middle East.
Ronald Howes, managing director of Memac Ogilvy, said: "This is a significant win for MOPR and one that I am proud of. This is not only because of the importance of General Motors as an automotive leader, but also because of GM's brilliant track record in the Middle East and their expansive growth potential."
Edmond Moutran, chairman of Memac Ogilvy, is in the process of selling a further 30% of his business to WPP. The move would give WPP a controlling stake of 70%.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London