Sun Online links up comparison site for grocery pricing
LONDON - The Sun Online has teamed up with independent grocery comparison website mysupermarket.co.uk to offer online users up-to-the-minute pricing information on supermarket goods, in a Reuters-style widget.
Users can then compare the cost of these products across the four supermarkets, with the best deals being highlighted. The prices are updated continuously.
The 50 products will be rotated to ensure that a broad range of items appear -- with changes made according to popularity. Consumers can then click straight through to mySupermarket.co.uk to compare prices on any other items that are sold in any of the four online supermarkets.
The site also suggests ways to save money within a chosen supermarket with the "save more with smart swaps" function.
Tim Heming, personal finance editor at The Sun Online, said: "We are always on the lookout to provide added value to readers visiting The Sun Online. Teaming up with mySupermarket.co.uk is the best way to give punters the inside track on supermarket prices.
Johnny Stern, director of mySupermarket.co.uk, said since the site was launched last year, users have been saving around 20% on their weekly shop.
"We are talking to other supermarkets about ways to include them within the mySupermarket service and we hope that this venture with The Sun will encourage them to come on board."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London