Riley quits Chrysalis after Global Radio transfer
LONDON - Chrysalis Radio's chief executive Phil Riley has resigned, after deciding not to stay with the business following its acquisition by Global Radio.
The £170m disposal of music group Chrysalis' radio division to Global Radio, a new company backed by Irish investors and chaired by former ITV chief executive, Charles Allen, was completed yesterday.
Riley was expected to stay on, providing continuity under the new owners, but has decided to take some time off after 13 years with the business, before finding a job elsewhere.
Riley said: "Whilst I was offered the opportunity to join Global Radio, following much deliberation I've decided after 13 years with the Chrysalis Radio business to take a short break and then look at a number of new opportunities."
Ashley Tabor, chief executive of Global Radio, said the company understood his decision.
He said: "Phil has done a fantastic job building the teams at Heart, Galaxy and LBC, as well as the value in the brands, and we had hoped to find an appropriate role for him at Global. We wish him well."
Global Radio is expected to expand through the acquisition of further radio businesses, and has been tipped to make a play for GCap Media.
Richard Huntingford, chief executive of Chrysalis Group, said: "Phil has made an immense contribution to Chrysalis and should be hugely proud of what he has achieved with Chrysalis Radio."
Riley joined Chryalis in 1994 after helping to turn around Radio Aire, and went on to launch its Heart stations in London and the West Midlands. He became chief executive of Chrysalis Radio in 1999.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London