Prostate Cancer launches Bob Monkhouse DM work
LONDON - The Communications Agency is launching a DM campaign for the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation, which builds on its 'Give a few bob' TV campaign starring the late Bob Monkhouse.
The below-the-line work features a direct mail pack which is being sent to men over 45, an email sent to the same target market and online banner ads. The pack maintains the tone of the TV work by using humour to tell men the importance of checking for prostate cancer.
The current TV activity uses a combination of archive footage and images of Monkhouse, who died from prostate cancer in 2003. It also uses a body-double, voiceovers and cutting edge editing techniques.
Robert Prevezer, The Communications Agency's chairman and founder, said: "This was an incredible brief and once we'd hit upon the idea of using the iconic Bob Monkhouse, there was no turning back.
"The campaign has hit a chord with the British public and is already generating much needed funding for one of the most collaborative and effective charities in the UK. We hope that the new DM campaign will continue to generate awareness and funding for such a worthwhile cause."
The charity's 'Give a few bob' campaign broke on TV in June and showed Monkhouse apparently beside his grave, telling viewers: "I'd have paid good money to stay out of here."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds