Velvet toilet paper launches interactive website
LONDON - Velvet, the SCA Hygiene toilet paper brand, has launched a consumer-focused website to support its £15m TV ad campaign targeting mums, which features its brand icon Baby MD.
Each floor contains different information about Velvet, as well as games, including the "toilet tissue trampoline test" and the "loading bay".
The factory floor features a competition called "MDs in the making", with quarterly winners and a gallery featuring a selection of entries.
The Baby MD character is the user's host as they navigate the site. They can explore his computer, which includes memos and his own MySpace and Flickr pages, or create and send e-cards featuring their own baby.
The site, which will be supported with online marketing activity, also has an area to sign up to the Velvet newsletter and register for free downloads -- screensavers, wallpapers, games and competitions.
An online email promotion launches on August 14 in partnership with Letterbox, which specialises in kids mail-order products. It will target 165,000 mums who will be able to claim £5 off their purchase by signing up to the Velvet newsletter.
Traci Baxter, brand manager for Velvet, said: We are really excited about our new interactive site, which forms a cornerstone for all current and forthcoming marketing activity."We want to reward and engage our loyal customers, as well as demonstrating the benefits of Velvet to a wider audience -- all of whom are very active online and look for new and different ways to interact online with their favourite brands."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester