Mid-Britain panel selected for DMGT research
LONDON - AN Marketing Services, a division of Associated Newspapers, has an 8,000 strong panel available from middle Britain, made up in part of Daily Mail readers, which accounts for 51% of all consumer spending.
The panel will consist of two linked online panels of individuals who are readers of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, and individuals who are not regular Mail readers.
The group has been selected to evenly represent age, sex, geography, frequency of readership and social grade.
AN Marketing Services research claims that the core mid-Britain audience reportedly makes up 47% of the UK population and is responsible for 51% of all consumer spending.
This panel will be given regular questionnaires on brands, advertising and topical issues and can discuss current events in a debating area or access the blog facility to talk about themselves.
The information gathered from the panel will be collated and analysed by the British Market Research Bureau and entered into a database for businesses, advertisers, opinion formers and the government.
Jim Marshall, chairman of Starcom MediaVest Group and chairman of the IPA Media Futures group, said: "The latest insights into mid-Britain go a long way to address many of the misconceptions that exist in the advertising industry about this group.
"By interrogating their attitudes and behaviours and bringing to life what is a very valuable audience, the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday are uncovering insights that will deepen industry understanding of who mid-Britons are in a modern day context."
Separately, Clare Abley has been appointed head of the strategic insight division at AN Marketing Services. She joins from brewing firm SABMiller and will report to AN Marketing Services director Linda Grant.Abley will be responsible for a department of 20, which will split into three teams: insight; intelligence; and sales development.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Planner The Great & The Good Up to £100k , West End
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top 10 Agency - Central London - c£48k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£48k+, Central London