Guardian acquires B2B research company Kable
LONDON - Guardian News & Media is expanding its business-to-business operations with the acquisition of market research firm Kable, which will operate as part of Guardian Professional.
Kable, founded in 1990, provides market intelligence and research reports for global information communications technology businesses that target the UK and European public sectors.
The company also runs events and conferences for the public sector, and publishes public sector ICT online and print titles, including Government Computing and Smart Healthcare magazines.
Tim Brooks, managing director of GNM, said: "Kable is the leader in an attractive market with good prospects for growth. It is a profitable, well managed company and will be a strong fit alongside GNM's existing public sector activities."
GNM will combine Kable's successful exhibition and market intelligence products with those of the Guardian Professional division, which operates in conferencing; sponsorship; supplements; print and digital publications; and within the education, public services and media markets.
Paul Smith, managing director of Kable, said: "The Guardian's position and reach in the public sector, along with its commitment to quality and high customer service values, match exactly the culture and market position that Kable has developed over the past 17 years."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London