Guardian acquires B2B research company Kable
LONDON - Guardian News & Media is expanding its business-to-business operations with the acquisition of market research firm Kable, which will operate as part of Guardian Professional.
Kable, founded in 1990, provides market intelligence and research reports for global information communications technology businesses that target the UK and European public sectors.
The company also runs events and conferences for the public sector, and publishes public sector ICT online and print titles, including Government Computing and Smart Healthcare magazines.
Tim Brooks, managing director of GNM, said: "Kable is the leader in an attractive market with good prospects for growth. It is a profitable, well managed company and will be a strong fit alongside GNM's existing public sector activities."
GNM will combine Kable's successful exhibition and market intelligence products with those of the Guardian Professional division, which operates in conferencing; sponsorship; supplements; print and digital publications; and within the education, public services and media markets.
Paul Smith, managing director of Kable, said: "The Guardian's position and reach in the public sector, along with its commitment to quality and high customer service values, match exactly the culture and market position that Kable has developed over the past 17 years."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Email Producer Creative Recruitment £17000 - £20000 per annum + benefits, West London
- Communications Executive Â– Part-time Â– ethical organisation ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG