Sky customer magazine launches attain high ABCs
LONDON - BSkyB's three additions to its customer magazine portfolio have all made it into the top 20 magazines by circulation after registering their debut ABC figures.
Its long-established Sky the Magazine topped the ABC table as usual in the latest figures, published yesterday and covering January-June this year.
Its average issue circulation was 7,034,310, up 0.5% over six months and 3.5% over a year.
Sky Sports Magazine placed second with a debut circulation of 4,362,228 copies and Sky Movies Magazine placed third with 3,767,906.
Asda (Publicis Blueprint), Tesco (Cedar) and Sainsbury's Fresh Ideas (New Crane) took the next three places and What's On TV in seventh was the highest circulation paid-for title.
Somerfield Magazine (PSP Rare) and Debenhams Desire (Publicis Blueprint) came in at ninth and twelfth. Sky Kids was in thirteenth place with 745,779.
Ikea Family Live recorded a debut ABC of 487,815, which put it in 24th place. The August Media-published title came in above Homebase Ideas, which had a circulation of 417,505 and is published by Publicis Blueprint.
Julia Hutchison, chief operating officer of customer magazine industry trade body Association of Publishing Agencies, pointed out the medium is the second fastest-growing after online.
She said: "Over the last six months there has been a customer magazine launch for every working day, with announcements from, among others, Butlins, Harley Davidson, Coutts, Centre Parcs, Shell and Blockbuster.
"Budget isn't just being invested by new clients either, the industry is experiencing widespread organic growth, with existing clients [which included Sky and Waitrose] increasingly bolstering their outlay."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham