Utterly Butterly £4m campaign to focus on healthy eating
LONDON - Dairy Crest is launching a £4m marketing campaign to promote the reduced fat content in its Utterly Butterly range.
The push includes a packaging redesign by Springetts that will highlight the reduction in fat as well as a TV advertising push, scheduled for October and the New Year, and created by Grey London.
In addition to the reduced fat content Dairy Crest is also launching an Omega 3 version of the product. Omega 3 fatty acids are believed to help combat heart disease although a number of recent medical studies have disputed this.
Also included in activity is a consumer PR campaign, handled by Haygarth, which will focus on attempts by Dairy Crest to make the brand healthier.
Paul Fraser, marketing director at Dairy Crest, said: “Many consumers are looking for easy, everyday ways of increasing their Omega 3 intake without compromising on taste."
Recent research has revealed that firms that offer consumers healthier products can significantly boost sales.
A study conducted by TNS Worldpanel and Marketing magazine released earlier this week found that Kellogg's, which has focused heavily on healthier eating in recent marketing activity, was the top grocery brand with sales up by 4% to more than £550m.
In addition, Walker's Crisps and Coca-Cola, which both launched healthier versions of traditional products, performed well.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London