Memac Ogilvy Dubai signs up award winning creative director
DUBAI - Till Hohmann, the former creative director of Jung von Matt in Stuttgart, has been appointed executive creative director of Memac Ogilvy Dubai.
Hohmann has been tasked with upping the agency's creative game and brings with him an impressive pedigree that includes two TV Gold Cannes Lions for BMW motorcycles and Mercedes-Benz convertibles in 2001 and 2005 respectively.
His appointment represents a concerted effort by the agency to bring world class, award-winning talent to the Middle East, and he is the latest in a steady stream of expat creatives to be brought into the agency from Europe.
Hohmann will also oversee Ogilvy One and, although based in Dubai, much of his attention will be focused on Saudi Arabia, the region's most important consumer market.
Ronald Howes, managing director of Memac Ogilvy Dubai, said: "While the region is booming with its amazing new building projects, the free zones, its universities and of course the multinational and multicultural communities, I feel that professional communication still has some steps to take.
"But I believe it will not take long and the local markets with their young populations will face brands with the challenge to do more than one-way advertising."
Hohmann, who has also worked for Scholz & Friends and Springer & Jacoby in Germany, said: "My job will be to consolidate the creative department and up the creative game.
"Coming from the West, you may see Saudi Arabia as a very strict and regulated country which, on the one hand is true, but on the other you have a really young population with 50% aged 20 or younger, you have people using mobile phones in order to flirt, and because they're often not allowed to go out, they're using their laptops, they're using the web. So, in a sense, it is more modern than we tend to see, and if you go to Dubai or to the rest of the Gulf, it's all about being modern.
"But advertising and marketing still looks a little bit old. It hasn't picked up yet. So I think that's what we have to get ready for, that's what we have to do here and that's my job -- to prepare all of the departments for the arrival of new marketing, because we're still doing old marketing."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Campaign Coordinator / Manager Ninesharp £37 per hour, Liverpool