McGuinness back in £1.5m Greggs campaign
LONDON - Greggs, the high street baker, has unveiled the second instalment of its TV campaign with 'Phoenix Nights' actor Paddy McGuinness.
The £1.5m TV campaign, created by Propaganda, will feature McGuinness in a series of light-hearted TV spots, showing him unable to resist the range of savouries on offer at Greggs.
The campaign breaks during ITV1's Hell's Kitchen on September 3, and carries the strapline: "Greggs the bakers ready when you are."
The six-week push will run nationwide on ITV1, Channel Five and multi-channel stations, alongside radio ads, online activity and point-of-sale material.
Scott Jefferson, marketing director at Greggs, said: "Paddy has proved to be a very popular character, and appeals to Greggs customers both young and old. He is extremely personable and brings just the right amount of humour to the campaign.
"It's been particularly pleasing to see that not only have we reinforced our appeal with existing Greggs customers, but by highlighting the wide range and high quality of the products available, we have been able to attract new customers as well as reigniting interest among shoppers who may have previously moved away from the brand."
The campaign will focus on Greggs' savoury range, including a new Cheese and Onion Pasty variety free from hydrogenated fats, artificial flavourings and colourings.
Media planning and buying was through AW Media and PR is being handled by Golley Slater.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Trade Marketing Manager Thorn Lighting c£50-55k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire
- Artworkers - Junior and Midweight Red Sofa London £22000 - £27000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- New business director-part-time, boutique design agency,£55k PR Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £60000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Executive Stopgap £150 - £200 per day, Bracknell, Berkshire
- Brand IT Manager AbbVie Competitive Salary and Benefits Package, Maidenhead