The Sun re-ignites price war with drop to 20p
LONDON - Red-top daily newspaper The Sun will be cutting its cover price to 20p on Monday throughout London and the South-East.
The title posted an average daily circulation of 3,128,829 copies for the month, a jump of 2.1% from June. But its six-month average is still down 2.77% to 3,063,753 copies.
Alan Brydon, head of press at Media Planning Group, said he believed the cut would be a short-term move designed to boost the paper's circulation.
The Sun's main rival the Daily Mirror will be on sale at its usual price of 40p on Monday.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London