The Sun re-ignites price war with drop to 20p
LONDON - Red-top daily newspaper The Sun will be cutting its cover price to 20p on Monday throughout London and the South-East.
The title posted an average daily circulation of 3,128,829 copies for the month, a jump of 2.1% from June. But its six-month average is still down 2.77% to 3,063,753 copies.
Alan Brydon, head of press at Media Planning Group, said he believed the cut would be a short-term move designed to boost the paper's circulation.
The Sun's main rival the Daily Mirror will be on sale at its usual price of 40p on Monday.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London