O2 appoints Shop's Thompson as head of brand strategy
LONDON - O2 has hired Gav Thompson, a former managing partner at TBWA\, as head of brand strategy to replace Tim Sefton, who has been promoted to senior vice-president of strategy and development in O2 Group.
Thompson helped set up ad agency Shop in 2004 when he had already worked in advertising agencies for 10 years. Previously, he was managing partner of TBWA\London and was responsible for the global launch campaign for PlayStation2.
He said: "O2 are clearly the thought leaders in their market space. The opportunity to help shape one of the great brands of the twenty-first century is hugely exciting and I can't wait to get cracking."
Keers said: "Gav joins us at an exciting time, when O2 has established its place as the UK's leading operator both in terms of customers and in brand leadership. I am pleased we have been able to find someone whose experience, passion and commitment is a match for ours."
He began his career at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, where he lead the team behind the Guinness "Good things come to those who wait" campaign. At TBWA\, he was responsible for 3, Absolut, Strongbow, Red Stripe and Ask.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Web / Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £42500 per annum, London
- Mid-Weight Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital project Manager, digital technology - £40-50K Source £40000 - £50000 per annum, London