Photon snaps up design company Corporate Edge
LONDON - Photon Group UK has acquired the branding agency Corporate Edge, which launched internet bank Egg, and the Nectar loyalty scheme.
The move is part of an aggressive expansion plan that Photon embarked upon this year, which included the acquisition of market research specialist DVL Smith Group in February and field marketing agency REL in July.
Photon will now look to Europe for expansion with Corporate Edge, which was formed a decade ago when design agency Michael Peters and branding consultancy Craton Lodge & Knight bought themselves out of parent company, the Princedale Group.
The company has an annual turnover of £8.9m, and counts Cadbury Schweppes and Diageo among its clients.
Chris Wood, chairman of Corporate Edge, said: "Photon Group is on its way to becoming one of the world's leading marketing services companies. This is a logical progression for Corporate Edge, allowing us to develop further international opportunities in corporate communications and branding."
Tim Hughes, executive chairman of Photon Group, said: "Corporate Edge is a natural complement to Photon and expands our growing footprint in the UK market."
Photon Group UK is part of the Australian marketing services company Photon Group. Results International, the business consultancy, brokered the deal on behalf of Corporate Edge.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Manager - Healthcare Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + industry leading benefits package, Surrey
- Social Media Manager Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus, London
- Account Director Digital Gurus £50000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Search Marketing Executive (PPC & SEO) Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bouns / bens, London