Coca-Cola Middle East appoints Jiwin as PR partner
DUBAI - Coca-Cola Middle East has handed its PR account to Jiwin following a hotly contested regional pitch.
It is understood that the agency, which is the public relations arm of Dubai Press Club, beat a number of other agencies to the business, including Asda'a and Memac Ogilvy PR.
The new business will be a major tonic for Jiwin because Coca-Cola represents an impressive feather in the cap of an agency best known for its government or government-owned clients.
Amer Ahmed, Coke's regional public relations officer, confirmed that Jiwin had made an outstanding pitch and that it would now handle the company's PR for the Gulf and Levant.
The pitch for Coca-Cola's business was launched earlier this year following the dropping of Weber Shandwick as the drinks company's global PR partner due to what both parties described as "client conflict".
Coke's PR in the region had been handled by Promoseven Weber Shandwick, which is part of the Dubai-based Promoseven network. The network retains Coke's advertising account.
Jiwin, which is headquartered in Dubai Media City and is the official affiliate of Burson-Marsteller in the region, is part of the Media Services Group, which was created last month as the holding company of both the agency and Dubai Press Club. MSG is expected to unveil new member companies in the near future.
Coca-Cola Middle East is based in Bahrain and employs 20,000 staff across the region.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire