Coca-Cola Middle East appoints Jiwin as PR partner
DUBAI - Coca-Cola Middle East has handed its PR account to Jiwin following a hotly contested regional pitch.
It is understood that the agency, which is the public relations arm of Dubai Press Club, beat a number of other agencies to the business, including Asda'a and Memac Ogilvy PR.
The new business will be a major tonic for Jiwin because Coca-Cola represents an impressive feather in the cap of an agency best known for its government or government-owned clients.
Amer Ahmed, Coke's regional public relations officer, confirmed that Jiwin had made an outstanding pitch and that it would now handle the company's PR for the Gulf and Levant.
The pitch for Coca-Cola's business was launched earlier this year following the dropping of Weber Shandwick as the drinks company's global PR partner due to what both parties described as "client conflict".
Coke's PR in the region had been handled by Promoseven Weber Shandwick, which is part of the Dubai-based Promoseven network. The network retains Coke's advertising account.
Jiwin, which is headquartered in Dubai Media City and is the official affiliate of Burson-Marsteller in the region, is part of the Media Services Group, which was created last month as the holding company of both the agency and Dubai Press Club. MSG is expected to unveil new member companies in the near future.
Coca-Cola Middle East is based in Bahrain and employs 20,000 staff across the region.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Annual Report Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £180 - £200 per day, London
- Agency Account Manager - email marketing Stopgap £28000 - £29000 per annum, London
- PHP Developer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Global Head of Social Media EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, Slough