Sportswear launch set to give SportsAid cash boost
LONDON - A new range of sportswear is launching next week, called Field to Podium, with 10% of every sale going direct to the charity SportsAid.
Field to Podium will be unveiled on September 20 at the SportsAid headquarters in London, in a corporate launch that is designed to attract retail partners in preparation for a full rollout next Spring.
The range will include lifestyle pieces, as well as high-performance products, catering for amateurs and sports enthusiasts through to elite athletes.
The sportswear is the brainchild of athletics coach Alan Patching. He is aiming to raise £5m to support talented young British sportsmen in the run-up to the 2012 Olympics, and has a 13-year-old son who is an emerging swimming star.
Patching said: "Our initial discussions with retailers are very encouraging; with keen support for the CSR-led approach we're taking with the brand. The donation will not come from retailer margins; it will be entirely funded by us.
"The aim is to ensure that any funds created will go directly to the young athletes already identified by each of the individual sports governing bodies, and SportsAid is the perfect partner with their 30-year history of funding emerging talent",
Genex Brands developed Field to Podium, while Ffion Appleton designed the range, consulting athletes throughout the process.
Appleton was previously senior designer for global football apparel for Nike and has also designed for Puma and Adidas.
Appleton said: "It has been crucial to use some of SportsAid's young athletes in developing the range.
"Their real experience of sportswear performance under extreme conditions has helped to modify particular elements of selected garments for optimum wear and feel."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London