Publicis acquires digital agency Wcube
LONDON - Publicis Groupe has acquired French independent digital agency Wcube, which the company said would be rebranded and integrated into the Publicis Modem worldwide digital network.
The acquisition for an undisclosed sum means Wcube will become Publicis Modem France, which became part of Publicis Worldwide in May following the $1.3bn acquisition of Modem holding firm Digitas.
Publicis Modem France will be headed by Wcube's present co-presidents Xavier Gury and Thierry Vandewalle, who will in turn report to Philippe Lentschener, chief executive officer of Publicis France.
Wcube, which was formed in 1995, will work in conjunction with Publicis Dialog as a digital media provider, and it is understood that Wcube's current list of clients, which includes Jean-Paul Gaultier, Thomson, Sara Lee and La Poste, will be retained.
The agency said that Publicis Worldwide clients in France would also be able to use the newly created division's services in the future.
Olivier Fleurot, executive chairman of Publicis Worldwide, said: "The acquisition of Wcube and the establishment of Publicis Modem France, marks a decisive step in the deployment of our digital offering.
"Our global strategy is focused on strengthening our marketing services, and on aligning the expertise of Publicis Dialog and Publicis Modem in our key markets. This increased expertise in interactive and digital will widen and deepen our holistic offering, and will certainly allow us to better serve our clients."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER / SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER Royds Raphael £35K-£45K pa / £150 - £200 day rate., London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K, London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London