Magnet switches £9m media account to MediaVest Manchester
LONDON - Kitchen retailer Magnet has awarded its £9m media account to MediaVest Manchester, ending a long relationship with Universal McCann Manchester.
The decision to review the account was made by design and marketing director Anjum Ahmed, who took over the marketing role from Nick Booth in January.
Magnet came up with a four-strong shortlist of MediaVest, Universal McCann, PHD and MediaCom.
Ahmed said: "In the last few year,s we have taken a strategic change of direction and moved both the advertising and PR accounts, which has seen some excellent success. We felt the time was right to also investigate alternative media strategies."
The retailer's advertising account is handled by CheethamBell JWT and its PR account is handled by Brazen.
Magnet runs a variety of above and below-the-line activity to support its four major sales periods each year and increase sales at its 164 stores nationwide.
MediaVest Manchester last month won the £12m Barratt Development account in conjunction with MediaVest London and the £1m account for Hain Celestial, the owner of the Linda McCartney vegetarian food range.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1