NEC to sponsor CNN's citizen journalism video blog
LONDON - CNN is to launch a video blog, sponsored by NEC, featuring six men and women from around the world who are making a difference.
From South Africa to Cambodia, the Be the Change blog uses CNN International's global reach to reach deep into the lives of ordinary people doing extraordinary things around the world to benefit others.
Part of CNN's commitment to citizen journalism the blog will be sponsored for a year by NEC from September 2007.
William Hsu, vice -president of news advertising sales CNN Asia Pacific, said: "To highlight and celebrate work that is rarely reported on and often barely visible to the larger community is hugely important and we hope that our global audience will share in these unique experiences.
The 'Be the change' blog will feature a sports complex for a disadvantaged community being built in South Africa, abused young people being helped in Cambodia, as well as local disabled children and teenagers being helped in Tanzania, and eye care being provided in Ghana and India."
One video diary from a contributor will become a weekly TV segment on CNN International while blogs from each contributor will be hosted on a specially produced website, in addition to biographical sketches, links to their organisations and photo galleries. The site will be interactive, allowing visitors to comment and post questions to and for the contributors.
Junichi Shibi, general manager of the advertising division at NEC, said: "Throughout its history, NEC has continuously sought ways to contribute to society through technological innovation and advanced solutions. NEC is proud to sponsor CNN's Be the Change, which shares the goal of empowering people and societies around the world through innovative activity to effect change for the better."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London