NEC to sponsor CNN's citizen journalism video blog
LONDON - CNN is to launch a video blog, sponsored by NEC, featuring six men and women from around the world who are making a difference.
From South Africa to Cambodia, the Be the Change blog uses CNN International's global reach to reach deep into the lives of ordinary people doing extraordinary things around the world to benefit others.
Part of CNN's commitment to citizen journalism the blog will be sponsored for a year by NEC from September 2007.
William Hsu, vice -president of news advertising sales CNN Asia Pacific, said: "To highlight and celebrate work that is rarely reported on and often barely visible to the larger community is hugely important and we hope that our global audience will share in these unique experiences.
The 'Be the change' blog will feature a sports complex for a disadvantaged community being built in South Africa, abused young people being helped in Cambodia, as well as local disabled children and teenagers being helped in Tanzania, and eye care being provided in Ghana and India."
One video diary from a contributor will become a weekly TV segment on CNN International while blogs from each contributor will be hosted on a specially produced website, in addition to biographical sketches, links to their organisations and photo galleries. The site will be interactive, allowing visitors to comment and post questions to and for the contributors.
Junichi Shibi, general manager of the advertising division at NEC, said: "Throughout its history, NEC has continuously sought ways to contribute to society through technological innovation and advanced solutions. NEC is proud to sponsor CNN's Be the Change, which shares the goal of empowering people and societies around the world through innovative activity to effect change for the better."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham