BBC appoints head of digital media technology
LONDON - The BBC has appointed Anthony Rose, Kazaa's chief technology officer, as head of digital media technology to oversee work on the next generation of its iPlayer online media player.
He has gained credit for his work on a host of projects and patents, including peer-to-peer networks, DRM-based content publishing and social networking services.
Prior to joining Kazaa, Rose was vice-president for technology at Sega Australia.
Rose's appointment concludes the reorganisation of the BBC's future media and technology arm, which was overseen by the department's group controller, Erik Huggers.
Huggers said: "I am delighted to welcome Anthony to the BBC. His knowledge and expertise in the digital media field is world class. I look forward to working closely with him to take our on-demand services to the next stage."
Six teams were created in the reorganisation. They include the internet group, led by Tony Ageh (which will be responsible for bbc.co.uk); the TV platform group, headed by Rahul Chakkara; the mobile group led by Matthew Postgate; the digital distribution group headed by Richard Cooper; and the user experience and design group, which is currently being led by Richard Titus and is responsible for improving the user experience for the BBC's future media products and services.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London