180 Amsterdam appoints creative director and retail specialist
AMSTERDAM - 180 Amsterdam has appointed art director Paulo Martins as associate creative director and Stephen Hancock as retail specialist to manage and build 180's retail design department.
Martins was art director for Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam for six years where he worked on Nike, Footlocker, Heineken, Coca-Cola and Gore-Tex.
He won a number of awards for his Nike campaigns at the Cannes, Epica, Clio and Art Directors Club shows.
Martins is originally from Portugal where his background in architecture and design led him into advertising.
Andy Fackrell, executive creative director at 180 Amsterdam, said: "Paulo is just really talented and a nice guy. What more could you want?"
Hancock will work across all of 180's accounts to develop the retail discipline within the agency.
He previously worked for Nike, where he designed their football identity for the 2006 World Cup, as well as being lead designer on their kits for Brazil, Mexico, Russia, South Korea and the US.
Hancock also worked on the design of Nike's Football Retail in the lead up to the World Cup, and was subsequently responsible for directing the launch of Ronaldhino's 10R collection.
Hancock started his career in London working for brands including Paul Smith, Canon, Carhartt and Vogue.
Julian Wade, 180 design director, said: "The addition of Stephen to 180's design team brings such a wealth of both experience and expertise in this key stage in a consumers relationship with our clients' brands - retail."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)