Aviva to sponsor drivers in World Touring Car Championship
LONDON - Insurance group Aviva is sponsoring two cars, driven by Colin Turkington and Duncan Huisman, in the last two rounds of the FIA World Touring Car Championship in Macau.
The drivers will be in a BMW 320si E90, the same model which Andy Priaulx drove to win the WTCC driver's championship last year, for the races at the four-mile street circuit in downtown Macau.
Aviva aims to develop awareness of its brand across the globe through the comprehensive TV rights deal that the WTCC has, with coverage in more than 30 countries.
Huisman is a previous winner of a WTCC round, having won the second race of the 2005 season.
He said: "Team Aviva has given me a superb opportunity and it's one I'm very much looking forward to. I have a good record at Macau from previous years and will certainly be using that experience to do everything I can to record race wins for Team Aviva."
Simon Machell, chief executive of Aviva Asia Pacific, said: "We're a global business and Asia is extremely important in our growth plans, with the sponsorship providing a unique opportunity for the Asia-Pacific audience to interact with the Aviva brand."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Social Media Manager Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus, London
- Account Director Digital Gurus £50000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Search Marketing Executive (PPC & SEO) Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bouns / bens, London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER - BIRMINGHAM - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, Birmingham