Euro RSCG wins worldwide Atari ad account
LONDON - Euro RSCG C&O, the French office of the Havas-owned advertising network, has been appointed by Infogrames Entertainment to boost its iconic videogames brand Atari on a worldwide level.
Euro RSCG said it will handle the development of the brand on its core business, as well as "the creation of a range of derivative products" in Europe, the US and Asia.
Atari's recent game releases include 'The Witcher' on the PC, 'Dungeons & Dragons Tactics' on the PSP and 'Tamagotchi Party On!' on the Nintendo Wii.
Last year, DraftFCB London won the global advertising account for Atari following a two-way pitch against Euro RSCG 4D. It is unclear whether Euro RSCG has taken this work from DraftFCB.
Draft FCB was initially tasked with redeveloping Atari's website. The brief also included brand advertising and strategy, direct marketing and online.
French videogames group Infogrames bought the Atari name in 2001 when it acquired the interactive entertainment business of toy business Hasbro for $100m.
Atari led the home-console market in the late 70s and early 80s with games including 'Pong', 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids', along with its Computer Video System, later rebranded the 2600.
It was owned by Warner, which sold it on in the 90s to Hasbro.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire