3 enters videogame branding with THQ deal
LONDON - Mobile network 3 has signed a deal with video and mobile games publisher THQ, to have its branding included within the new street racing game 'Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights', which will be released this autumn.
As part of the deal, players will be able to create and customize a 3-branded car, designing everything from a hatch to a super car, which can be spray painted, modified and raced.
James Scalpello, director of marketing at THQ Wireless, said: "This is yet again an original marketing move for THQ Wireless. Through this integration, thousands of gamers around the world will potentially see the 3 logo within the Juiced 2 video game."
The game is compatible with Microsoft's Xbox 360, Sony's PlayStation 2, 3 and PSP, Nintendo DS and Windows PC. The mobile version will also be available for download directly from a 3 portal.
Fergal Walker, director of products at 3 UK, said: "Juiced 2 is a great opportunity to reach out to a significant segment of our customers. 3's prominent positioning within this video game enhances our credentials as the market-leader in mobile gaming."
3 currently operates in Italy, the UK, Australia, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Hong Kong, Israel and Ireland.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London