Norfolkline appoints EuroDirect to database task
LONDON - Norfolkline, the freight transport and passenger ferry firm, has appointed EuroDirect to create a 'single view' marketing database.
The company is making the move as part of a wider plan to drive customer's communications and promote its ferry passenger service.
EuroDirect has been tasked with pulling together more than 1.4m UK and overseas passenger records, into a single database.
The database specialist will also develop a system for loading ongoing data feeds from ad bookings, website bookings and newsletter requests.
The centralised database will segment and profile Norfolkline's customers into travel activity and affluence and lifestyle characteristics.
Andrew Kelly, online and database marketing controller, Norfolkline, said: "With over 1.4m passenger records, we have built up a significant data resource over the last two years.
"It is now time to consolidate these databases and combine all the information we have on each customer."
Tim Pottinger, database solutions director at EuroDirect, said: "Norfolkline have grown their passenger ferry business dramatically in a short period of time.
"We believe we can help them grow even further by empowering them to develop a truly data-driven marketing strategy which will provide integration across all marketing channels and allow them to nurture their customers."
Norfolkline operates three main routes, Dover to Dunkerque, and Liverpool to Dublin or Belfast.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Better Placed Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, West London
- Digital Manager - L'OrÃ©al Paris/Garnier L'Oreal UK Competitive salary plus benefits, West London