More brands attracted by mobile marketing
LONDON - The number of brands considering SMS and MMS mobile marketing campaigns has doubled within the last 12 months, according to new research.
The survey, carried out by mobile messaging infrastructure and applications company Airwide Solutions, reveals that 28% of companies quizzed have already launched live SMS campaigns and 18% have launched live MMS campaigns.
Out of the 50 global brand-name companies surveyed, the proportion considering implementing both SMS and MMS mobile marketing in the next 12 months has doubled to 28% since a similar survey in 2006.
The survey also found that more brands are looking to spend a greater proportion of their marketing budget on mobile campaigns in the near future, with 71% of brands projecting to spend up to 10% of their budget on mobile within two years time.
Confidence in the medium has grown with almost two-thirds of brands anticipating that customers will request more information and 38% expecting a financial transaction as a result of a mobile marketing message.
The number of brands that find SMS too complicated for marketing dropped significantly from 24% in 2006 to just 8% in 2007.
However, the survey also pointed out that there is still a lack of knowledge in the industry on how to implement tailored, targeted campaigns. Mobile marketing is too intrusive for 46% of brands and 41% are unsure how to rectify the problem.
Jay Seaton, chief marketing officer at Airwide, said: "The present take up of mobile marketing is somewhat inhibited by a lack of supporting information to manage and optimise marketing programmes.
"With reliable infrastructure in place and a means to control and measure campaigns, more and more mobile operators will be competing to create and deliver the most effective mobile marketing initiatives to subscribers."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)