Cult comedy Red Dwarf returns as mobile series
LONDON - BBC Two's now defunct cult sci-fi comedy 'Red Dwarf' is being turned into a download-to-mobile animated adventure series.
'Red Dwarf', which starred Craig Charles as Dave Lister, Chris Barrie as Arnold Rimmer and David Ross as mechanoid Kryten, lost in deep space in a rundown mining spaceship, is to be turned into an animated series by mobile entertainment company Pitch Entertainment, which is offering weekly episodes available to download for £3 each.
Fans of 'Red Dwarf' would be also be able to access ringtones, wallpaper and social networking tools through the service via a specially created website or designated text number.
Viewers can use the website to chat with other 'Red Dwarf' fans, upload pictures and videos, and choose from six enhanced mobile features for each episode.
Martin Bowley, chief executive of Pitch Entertainment, said: "Delivering content as powerful as 'Red Dwarf' via a medium as direct as a mobile phone and combining this with social networking tools, ringtones, wallpaper and catchphrases [creates] a compelling proposition that is viral and direct."
'Red Dwarf' which ran for eight series on BBC Two from 1988 to 1999, became a hit programme and franchise for the broadcaster, recently earning the show the Top Science Fiction and Fantasy Show of All Time accolade by Radio Times.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London