M&C Saatchi nets grassroots football task
LONDON - M&C Saatchi has been appointed by The Football Association (FA) to support the organisation's marketing and PR activity for grassroots and regional level football competitions, following a strategic review.
The agency's sports and entertainments division has been chosen to lead The FA's marketing activity across a range of 5- to 11-year-old's access to specialist football coaching.
It is understood The FA will make a further announcement in the coming weeks, in which it will reveal the winner of a pitch for its corporate strategy and public affairs business.
Steve Martin, chief executive officer at M&C Saatchi Sports and Entertainment, said: "We are thrilled to be working with The FA and we believe we can help The FA to achieve greater awareness of all the fantastic work it does at both a grassroots and elite level of football in England."
The account win follows The FA's appointment of Naked to handle a series of projects, including the Tesco Skills programme, which launched in July and features Brian Barwick, FA chief executive, former England midfielder Sir Trevor Brooking, and Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard.
The FA appointed Peter Daire as head of sponsorship last month to replace Mark Osikosa, who has left to undertake a client services role at London 2012.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham