Heart parts ways with CHI and hunts for new agency
LONDON - Radio station Heart has parted ways with its ad agency of three years, CHI and Partners, as Heart's parent company Global starts a review of all its stations' advertising.
In addition to Heart, Global Radio is on the hunt for an agency to look after its Galaxy and LBC stations.
The group, run by former ITV chief executive Charles Allen, axed five senior roles last month, including Heart's marketing director, Tina Finch. At the same time, it created a new role, head of marketing.
The group said that it would announce the new agency for its three stations after this role is filled. The announcement comes as part of Global Radio's ongoing strategy to develop the radio stations it acquired in August 2007.
CHI has worked for Heart for three years and launched its most recent work for the station earlier this month. The £1.5m TV, digital and cinema campaign, featured windsock people springing to life whenever they heard Heart's feelgood music.
Richard Park, executive director of Global Radio, said: "CHI have done a great job for us, and our predecessors, but we are looking for a new approach going forward for all our stations."
The loss comes at the end of a summer of account wins for CHI, which saw it pick up business from brands including Tiger Beer, National Express, Toyota, Ocado, Barratt Homes, Samsung and 888.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1