Heart parts ways with CHI and hunts for new agency
LONDON - Radio station Heart has parted ways with its ad agency of three years, CHI and Partners, as Heart's parent company Global starts a review of all its stations' advertising.
In addition to Heart, Global Radio is on the hunt for an agency to look after its Galaxy and LBC stations.
The group, run by former ITV chief executive Charles Allen, axed five senior roles last month, including Heart's marketing director, Tina Finch. At the same time, it created a new role, head of marketing.
The group said that it would announce the new agency for its three stations after this role is filled. The announcement comes as part of Global Radio's ongoing strategy to develop the radio stations it acquired in August 2007.
CHI has worked for Heart for three years and launched its most recent work for the station earlier this month. The £1.5m TV, digital and cinema campaign, featured windsock people springing to life whenever they heard Heart's feelgood music.
Richard Park, executive director of Global Radio, said: "CHI have done a great job for us, and our predecessors, but we are looking for a new approach going forward for all our stations."
The loss comes at the end of a summer of account wins for CHI, which saw it pick up business from brands including Tiger Beer, National Express, Toyota, Ocado, Barratt Homes, Samsung and 888.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London