Toyota in anti-drink PSAs
KUALA LUMPUR - Toyota has launched a public service campaign to warn Malaysian motorists of the dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol.
A series of print ads created by Saatchi & Saatchi Kuala Lumpur depict the drunk driver’s field of view and the effects of impaired vision. Each object in the ads - from trees to signposts - has wheels, dramatising the idea that stationary objects appear to move in the eyes of the drunk driver.
“In every country, even Malaysia, there are problems caused by drink-driving,” explained Adrian Miller, executive creative director of Saatchis. “We wanted to bring the message home to drivers that drink-driving is dangerous, but in a way that was less gruesome than is typical of this kind of advertising. We wanted to avoid the usual images of horrific accidents and tangled dead bodies.”
The campaign, which was created by Miller and Edmund Choe, with art direction by Lydia Lim, has broken in national magazines in Malaysia. The photographers were Gan Wei Joo and Simon Ong from Studio DL.
The Japanese carmaker has been working on anti-drunk driving vehicles that detect inebriated motorists via steering wheel-based sensors. Sensors pick up the alcohol content of drivers in their sweat.
Miller added: “The Toyota brand is increasingly synonymous with responsibility, both social and environmental. Its cars are designed to be safe should accidents happen, and it is working to reduce its impact on the climate with its hybrid marques.”
According to reports, the Japanese carmaker is developing a type of grass that is highly absorbent of carbon dioxide to grow on the side of motorways. It is also investing in dashboards made out of recyclable corn.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton