Care International turns to DRTV for first time
LONDON - Developing world aid agency Care International has launched the first DRTV activity in its history, with an ad created by Watson Phillips Norman.
The ad illustrates Care International's focus on helping children living on the edge of survival. It highlights the problems that make them vulnerable and appeals for viewers to give £2 per month to contribute towards help such as food, medical aid and shelter.
Gail Cookson, client services director at WPN, said: "As with many development charities, this ad aims to tug at the heart strings of prospective donors.
"The music was specially composed for this ad, and dramatises the emotion by combining the tone of the imagery with the mood, with a low beat at the start to express the sadness from these children and uplift in the second half showing children smiling as we focus on the solution provided by Care."
The voiceover is provided by Scottish actor Bill Paterson.
The ad will be shown a number of digital channels including ITV3, More 4, UKTV Drama and TCM.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Graphic Designer / Creative Artworker The Workhouse Negotiable depending on experience , Swindon, Wiltshire
- 2x positions: Social Media & Senior Social Media Manager - Award Winning Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000 - 36,000 + benefits , London West End
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Manager Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London