Virgin Media appoints MG OMD to £12m digital media account
LONDON - Virgin Media is believed to have awarded its £12m digital media planning and buying account to Manning Gottlieb OMD, as it consolidates its entire account with the agency.
Manning Gottlieb OMD is understood to have won the digital account after pitching against Starcom, which had held the digital account since last year.
The Omnicom-owned group was handed the majority of the media planning and buying account in August last year, when Virgin Media was formed, by the then group marketing director James Kydd.
Kydd was previously marketing director of Virgin Mobile, which MG OMD handled, and elected to stick with the agency when the former NTL and Telewest media accounts came within his control through the merger of the three companies.
Mediaedge:cia, which ran the Telewest business and had been awarded the NTL account in June last year, lost out in the move.
Kydd, now managing director of marketing at Virgin Media, is believed to have taken the decision to move the digital account to MG OMD last week after a procurement-led pitch.
Manning Gottlieb, Starcom and Virgin Media were all unavailable for comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1