Virgin Media appoints MG OMD to £12m digital media account
LONDON - Virgin Media is believed to have awarded its £12m digital media planning and buying account to Manning Gottlieb OMD, as it consolidates its entire account with the agency.
Manning Gottlieb OMD is understood to have won the digital account after pitching against Starcom, which had held the digital account since last year.
The Omnicom-owned group was handed the majority of the media planning and buying account in August last year, when Virgin Media was formed, by the then group marketing director James Kydd.
Kydd was previously marketing director of Virgin Mobile, which MG OMD handled, and elected to stick with the agency when the former NTL and Telewest media accounts came within his control through the merger of the three companies.
Mediaedge:cia, which ran the Telewest business and had been awarded the NTL account in June last year, lost out in the move.
Kydd, now managing director of marketing at Virgin Media, is believed to have taken the decision to move the digital account to MG OMD last week after a procurement-led pitch.
Manning Gottlieb, Starcom and Virgin Media were all unavailable for comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham