Virgin Media confirms digital media switch to MG OMD
LONDON - Virgin Media has confirmed it has consolidated its £20m digital media planning and buying account into Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Manning Gottlieb OMD, which already held the £5m Virgin Mobile digital account, now handles all of Virgin Media's £70m total media spending.
The pitch was run by Virgin Media Procurement and Marketing, with the Virgin Media account set to switch to Manning Gottlieb OMD in November.
James Kydd, managing director of marketing for Virgin Media, said: "With volumes growing consistently, we felt there was a real opportunity to dramatically grow our online business and we wanted to ensure that we were giving ourselves the best chance of doing this.
"This has not been an easy decision. Starcom did a great job of dealing with the complexities of merging the old ntl and Telewest accounts into Virgin Media. However Manning Gottlieb OMD really impressed us with their creativity, freshness of thinking and strong commercial focus."
Robert Fitch, managing director of Manning Gottlieb OMD, said "We don't underestimate the challenge ahead of us, but we are convinced that digital media, specifically online, will be incredibly important in helping Virgin Media communicate its proposition in the market and, even more importantly, drive new customer sales and grow customer value.
"This is great news for us as an agency overall and a real big pat on the back for our online team."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + Car, Leeds
- Social/Digital Strategic Planner - Top Agency Digital Gurus £34000 - £38000 per annum + benefits, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London