Nintendo Wii campaign searches for Britain's brainiest family
LONDON - Nintendo is promoting its Wii game Big Brain Academy by hosting a TV-style game show to find Britain's brainiest family in shopping centres around the UK.
The campaign, created by BD-NTWK, aims to get families to compete against each other for a chance to take a place in the national final, hosted by GMTV's Lorraine Kelly, where they will be able to win their child's university tuition fees. Footage of the final may be used in a future ad campaign.
In addition to the fees, worth the equivalent of £40,000, BD-NTWK has also secured partnerships to give competing families the chance of winning a Chrysler Grand Voyager XS or 10 Thomas Cook holidays.
The campaign will be supported by a website where families can register their interest in competing.
Allan McLaughlin, associate director at BD-NTWK, said: "Through the Britain's brainiest family activity we hope to engage consumers with the product, drive awareness and encourage trial. We've designed the campaign with Nintendo, so that consumers of all ages are compelled to give it a go."
Ben Taylor, trade and promotions marketing manager at Nintendo, said: "Big Brain Academy aims to train players' brains and determine their 'Brain Weight' through a series of mind bending activities such as think, memorise, analyse, compute and identify."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client-side PPC / SEM executive - £25K - Central London Digital Gurus £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London