Nintendo Wii campaign searches for Britain's brainiest family
LONDON - Nintendo is promoting its Wii game Big Brain Academy by hosting a TV-style game show to find Britain's brainiest family in shopping centres around the UK.
The campaign, created by BD-NTWK, aims to get families to compete against each other for a chance to take a place in the national final, hosted by GMTV's Lorraine Kelly, where they will be able to win their child's university tuition fees. Footage of the final may be used in a future ad campaign.
In addition to the fees, worth the equivalent of £40,000, BD-NTWK has also secured partnerships to give competing families the chance of winning a Chrysler Grand Voyager XS or 10 Thomas Cook holidays.
The campaign will be supported by a website where families can register their interest in competing.
Allan McLaughlin, associate director at BD-NTWK, said: "Through the Britain's brainiest family activity we hope to engage consumers with the product, drive awareness and encourage trial. We've designed the campaign with Nintendo, so that consumers of all ages are compelled to give it a go."
Ben Taylor, trade and promotions marketing manager at Nintendo, said: "Big Brain Academy aims to train players' brains and determine their 'Brain Weight' through a series of mind bending activities such as think, memorise, analyse, compute and identify."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Information Security Analyst BIS Recruit up to £35,000 Bupa, Share Options, Free Beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)