Galaxy and Kiss to launch Calvin Klein's DJ-search campaign
LONDON - Emap's Kiss radio station and Global Radio's Galaxy network have joined forces to launch a national campaign for Calvin Klein's ckone fragrance.
The eight-week campaign, which launches next Monday on the networks' breakfast shows, centres around the search for the best new mixing DJ in the UK, asking the question: "Are you the ckone?".
The promotion features on- and off-air activity, including trails, live reads, a series of ckone showcase events, a two-hour syndicated 'ckone show' and a 40-second radio ad running for a week from December 17.
The ckone showcases will give contestants the chance to perform live in front of a public audience for 10 minutes, on November 24 and December 2. The performances will be at the Bluewater shopping centre in London, the Trafford Centre in Manchester, or the Metro Centre in Newcastle, .
Listeners will need to register via a microsite prior to the showcases to book a time slot to perform. The best DJ at each showcase will win £1,000 prize money. Each event will be promoted on-air via trails and live reads.
The microsite has been created specifically for the campaign, which listeners can use to submit their DJ-ing entries. Entrants will also be able to send CDs or mini discs to the station.
The 10 best entries will be shortlisted and judged by an expert judging panel comprised of DJs from both networks, a DMC DJ and a music industry figure.
All 10 finalists will be showcased on the 'ckone show', to be broadcast on December 9 at 7pm, which will feature interviews with Kiss and Galaxy DJs, as well as DMC DJs and the judging panel.
It will be the first syndicated ad-funded programme to be broadcast across the Kiss and Galaxy networks.
The show will announce the winner, who will pick up a fully inclusive trip to New York for two, with £1,000 spending money and accommodation; a set of Technics decks; a slot at a DMC event; a one-off hour long radio show; and the opportunity to co-produce an original track and potentially gain record label backing for its release.
Charlotte Broadbent, marketing manager at Calvin Klein Fragrances, said: "Our key objectives are to leverage the longstanding music association with the brand, to maintain an affinity with our core audience and to create impact around the cluttered pre Christmas key selling period."
The deal was brokered by OMD UK, Emap Advertising and Global Radio.
Steve Parkinson, Kiss managing director, said: "The alliance is clearly delivering for both our 5.4m listeners and the advertiser."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London