Artois says 'Pass on something good' in TV campaign
LONDON - Artois focuses on tradition and heritage in its latest television ad campaign created by Lowe, which backs its Stella Artois, Peeterman Artois and Artois Bock family of brands.
The 60-second ad, which focuses on its six centuries of brewing history, breaks on November 5.
The spot opens in a village pub in France and throughout the ad various members of the community look after one another in small ways. A forgotten hat of an elderly gentleman is passed along from hand to hand and a young man is lent a comb when a pretty woman comes in.
The campaign features the strapline "Pass on something good". The work is supported by a press and poster campaign which has been running since May and uses the same strapline.
Devin Kelly, marketing director at InBev UK, said: "It honours our tradition of stunning cinematography, which we're known for, but also delivers a message that is relevant to today's beer drinkers who really value the heritage, tradition and care that we put into our beers."
Last month, the Advertising Standards Authority banned an ad for Stella Artois which included the claim "a family dedicated to brewing for six centuries". This was because other brands in the family, Artois Bock and Peeterman Artois, only launched at the end of 2006.
The ASA ruling came on the same day that Artois launched its website which features an animated film and also aims to capture the same "handcrafted" look and feel of the advertising campaign.
The site brings UK visitors through to the global website that provides information about the brand's history and heritage.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Agency Group Head - £60 - £70K plus comms (Mobile) Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + comms and benefits, London
- Digital Direct Response Account Executive - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £28,000 + benefits, London
- Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + benefits, London