Horlicks launches light variant with major sampling drive
LONDON - Horlicks is set to launch a major nationwide sampling campaign through Billington Cartmell for a new low-calorie variant of the drink, Horlicks Extra Light.
Horlicks Extra Light, which is marketed as having less than 40 calories per serving, is being launched by GlaxoSmithKline in an attempt to re-invent the brand in an effort to appeal to a younger market.
The sampling drive is part of an overall £4.2m campaign that also includes TV ads by Grey London and digital activity by Swamp at Brahm.
GSK has also given the product a new packaging design, using pillow-shaped jars and sachets, in tune with its "Sleep better, feel better" tagline.
The sampling campaign will launch at the beginning of November and will involve 1.2m free samples being distributed nationwide in Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda and Morrison's stores, as well as through direct mail and mail order suppliers such as Lovefilm.com.
The campaign will tie in with the creative theme of the TV ads, which launch on November 12, by focussing on the low calorie level and lightness of the drink. The ads show products being tied down to avoid them floating off, and a tagline placed across all media: "Be careful, it is extra light!"
In an effort to encourage further purchase of the product, the free samples and 220g jars of the hot drink will include a coupon, which will entitle the consumer to 50p off their next purchase of Horlicks Extra Light.
A further promotion gives consumers the opportunity to win an all expenses paid trip for two to New York, "the city that never sleeps", through entering their details online at www.horlicks.co.uk.
The product comes in five different flavours: Dreamy Vanilla, Cosy Caramel, Heavenly Amaretto, Malt Chocolate and Malt. It will be sold in 220g jars or 11g single serve sachets.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire