Think Consulting Solutions creates charity research arm
LONDON - Think Consulting Solutions, a UK-based voluntary sector consultancy, has launched an intelligence and analysis arm that it said would provide charities with a greater understanding of targeted fundraising methods.
Think Intelligence, which will be headed by Kate Green, the former head of fundraising partnerships at Oxfam, has been created by the agency to provide clients with advice on identifying, researching and building relationships with potential funders, including trusts, the National Lottery, UK government and EU.
The agency said it planned to produce a White Paper highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of research and analysis in the fundraising sector by the end of the year, as part of its aim to increase knowledge in the sector.
Tony Elischer, managing director of Think Consulting Solutions, said the new research arm had been created in response to a perceived lack of good quality information available to its clients in the charity fundraising sector about their discipline, and how they can attempt to boost productivity.
He said: "When charities commission a piece of research, what they receive is rarely put into context by the researcher or it is supplied without any recommendations of how to interpret or use it.
"Most fundraisers are just not trained in research skills so not enough are turning their research into strategic plans and we intend to do something about that.
"On the other hand, some fundraisers are basing their strategic plans on the wrong type of research and we intend to do something about that as well."
Green said: "The new intelligence and analysis service for fundraisers is an exciting development for the sector as a whole. I believe that we can supply charities with information and help them apply that knowledge to their strategic decision-making processes."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London