Conference to look at widgetisation for social networks
LONDON - Europe's first conference dedicated to social networking widgets will take place in Brighton next month, featuring speakers from major agencies, social networks, widget platforms and media groups.
The one-day conference will focus on widget tools and platforms, and commercial applications with real-world case studies and panel discussions regarding social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
It will aim to provide insight into widget creation, delivery, analytics and SEO, as well as helping marketing professionals in brand, media and advertising understand how to maximise the potential of the technology.
Christian Oestlien, Google's business product manager, will be speaking at the conference, alongside blogger Russell Davies.
Every attendee will get access to a moderated conference social network, dubbed Backnetwork, to make connections, share information and discuss ideas in the future.
Ivan Pope, Widgety Goodness organiser and founder of Snipperoo, said: "Widgetisation and fragmentation raise issues that go to the heart of brand control, but offer an incredibly powerful tool to those who can work with rather than against the process.
"Successful widgets are viral in nature and are voluntarily taken and embedded in the host website. Widgetisation means the breaking up of monolithic content into small packages that find their own destinations. It puts control into the hands of consumers with decisions about what content sits where, becoming driven by the intelligence of the end user, not by a remote editor."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Country Senior Sales Manager - DACH - top DSP Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + +£35k comm + bens, London
- Head of SEO Lipton Fleming £80000 - £90000.00 per annum, London