Legendary PR Franks to appear on I'm a Celebrity
LONDON - Lynne Franks, the legendary PR who allegedly inspired the Edina Monsoon character in 'Absolutely Fabulous', is set to appear in 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
Franks, who rose to prominence in the early 90s but has since left the industry, will appear alongside 'Apprentice' contestant Kate Hopkins and 13 other celebrities on the ITV show, which starts on ITV1 on Monday.
Franks started her own public relations firm, Lynne Franks PR, at the age of 21.
It grew to become one of the best-known public relations agencies in the world, advising and guiding multinational businesses and non-profit organisations around the globe.
Franks spent 20 years in public relations and left her agency in 1992 to become an international spokesperson.
In 1994, she chaired the UK's first women's radio station, presenting her own radio show, 'Frankly Speaking'.
In the late 90s, Franks returned to the PR industry, with the launch of a new agency called Globalfusion, with offices in LA and San Francisco.
More recently, she has most recently been focused on a developing a project called Seed (Sustainable Enterprise Empowerment Dynamics), a network set up to train women.
The new series of 'I'm a Celebrity...' is being sponsored by frozen food retailer Iceland, which is running in-store activity and cross-promotion activity to support the tie-up.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London