Legendary PR Franks to appear on I'm a Celebrity
LONDON - Lynne Franks, the legendary PR who allegedly inspired the Edina Monsoon character in 'Absolutely Fabulous', is set to appear in 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
Franks, who rose to prominence in the early 90s but has since left the industry, will appear alongside 'Apprentice' contestant Kate Hopkins and 13 other celebrities on the ITV show, which starts on ITV1 on Monday.
Franks started her own public relations firm, Lynne Franks PR, at the age of 21.
It grew to become one of the best-known public relations agencies in the world, advising and guiding multinational businesses and non-profit organisations around the globe.
Franks spent 20 years in public relations and left her agency in 1992 to become an international spokesperson.
In 1994, she chaired the UK's first women's radio station, presenting her own radio show, 'Frankly Speaking'.
In the late 90s, Franks returned to the PR industry, with the launch of a new agency called Globalfusion, with offices in LA and San Francisco.
More recently, she has most recently been focused on a developing a project called Seed (Sustainable Enterprise Empowerment Dynamics), a network set up to train women.
The new series of 'I'm a Celebrity...' is being sponsored by frozen food retailer Iceland, which is running in-store activity and cross-promotion activity to support the tie-up.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Head of Datacentre Engineering JM Digital £110000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, City of London