BlinkBox appoints Bolton as marketing director
LONDON - Movie and TV site blinkBox Entertainment has appointed Clare Bolton, a former Microsoft and Telegraph marketer, as marketing director, and Oliver Snoddy from OMD as head of advertising.
Bolton was previously head of consumer marketing for Microsoft's online services group, with responsibility for marketing Windows Live products, search, messenger, Hotmail, spaces, and the MSN portal.
She has also held the head of marketing post at the Telegraph online, as well as marketing director at News International's Revolver.com.
Snoddy was previously an associate director at OMD and was responsible for running all digital aspects of the McDonald's, PepsiCo and Peugeot accounts.
In addition to purchasing and downloading films and TV shows, blinkBox.com allows visitors to post film and TV clips, add a personalised message and send it to a friend's mobile or PC.
The site has signed content deals with the likes of Warner Brothers, Universal and Paramount and has access to films such as 'Psycho', 'The Big Lebowski' and 'The 40 Year Old Virgin'.
Bolton said: "We have a wealth of premium content on BlinkBox. Not only can you buy or rent, you can also interact by clipping scenes, adding your own message and sending to a friend’s mobile or PC.
"These video messages or 'blinks' are a uniquely viral way of bringing people to blinkBox and marketing studio and TV content to our target audience."
The site also has content from Aardman Animations and Discovery Networks UK and will be adding content on a daily basis.
Michael Comish, blinkBox CEO, said: "Building the buzz around blinkBox is key for us right now. Clare's extensive marketing experience will prove invaluable in taking us forward."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London