Swiftcover chickens win financial marketing effectiveness prize
LONDON - Swiftcover.com's chicken-based advertising has been named the most effective financial ad campaign of the year at the Financial Services Forum awards.
Swiftcover.com also picked up a special judges award for market learning, which it shared with Lloyds TSB Insurance, for its sponsorship of the British International Motor Show.
One of the ads in the campaign is based on the "why did the chicken cross the road gag?" and was honoured as Campaign magazine's Turkey Of The Week when it came out. Another, which appeared in 2005, angered call centre workers by portraying them as brainless chickens.
Other winners include Bluecycle.com, for most effective direct marketing campaign, and Gartmore which had its "Share of mind not share of voice" campaign win the most effective media strategy award.
Winner of the marketer of the year award, which is decided by members of the Financial Services Forum, was Nigel Gilbert, group marketing director for Lloyds TSB.
The awards were handed out at the Royal Opera House on November 14.
Anthony Thomson, chief executive of the Financial Services Forum, said: "This year's winners represent the large brands and the small, and their work covers everything from small, targeted tactical sales aids to multi-million pound brand advertising. The one thing they all have in common is effectiveness."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London